New students must finish all steps in the West ExpressWay in order to obtain their assessment results and secure a high level registration appointment for future semesters.
are reminded of the importance of academic preparation and planning and the necessity for each student to maintain a current Student Educational Plan with a counselor once a semester, utilize student service and academic support programs to maintain at minimum a 2.0 GPA, and to complete the required general education and major requirement coursework in pursuit of their educational goal for transfer to the university, the Associate degree or certificate.
The West ExpressWay is intended for students who are new to the college.
All other students should contact the Counseling Department concerning advisement for Educational Planning at (310) 287-4257.
You do not need to attend the West Expressway if you have:
- An AA, AS,BA,BS or higher degree
- Are still attending High School (11th grade and lower grades)
- Have on file at WLAC:
- A Current Student Educational Plan with a Counselor
- Documentation of having completed Assessment testing or pre-requisite completion
- Completed of the WLAC Orientation
The West ExpressWay provides access to the following services:
- Orientation to the College Programs and Services
- Assessment testing for English , Math and English as a Second Language
- High-level registration opportunity (first place in line to select classes)
- An Individual Counseling Appointment that will include a Student Educational Plan
- A Student Educational Portfolio that will include general education and major requirements for Vocational Certificates, Associate Degrees, and University Transfer with an Associate degree.